Saturday, September 5, 2009

Back From Dragon Con 2009

Dragon Con 2009

I am back from a Saturday at Dragon Con 2009 and as you can see...it was great!

I arrived around 6:15am to get in line for badges. The line really started to grow after that, so it was worth getting up early. Fortunately it is a short 30min drive to downtown Atlanta for me.

I went over to the Walk of Fame early after registration and was lucky enough to get to be first in line to meet Felicia Day. I brought my original copy of Ultima IV from the Commodore 64 for her to sign. She got her name of "Codex" from the game, so she was excited to see that I brought it with me. Felicia was wonderful and I was thrilled to get a picture with her.

Later on I met and chatted with the one and only Wes Wilson of World of WoW & Control Point ;)! It was good to sit and chill for awhile after walking for a good bit of the morning.

After chatting I went and checked out the Art Gallery. I am always amazed and inspired by the incredible art at Dragon Con. I just wish I could discipline my self enough to get more creative.

To finish off the day, I went to Felicia Day's screening and Q&A of The Guild Season 1&2. I got to get a seat on the first row (early again) and got some decent video of the Q&A which I hope to get on YouTube in the near future. The Q&A was awesome and funny...we got some great insight into the show and Felicia herself.

I was able to get some photos of some of the many costumes that folks at Dragon Con are creative enough to fashion, and brave enough to wear in some cases ;) More power to them, I know I couldn't do it.

It was a short stay, but well worth it. Thank you Felicia for deciding to check out Dragon Con this year and we hope you make it back!

By the way...Dragon Con is great for weight loss. I had a Chic-fil-a sandwich, 4 chicken strips and a large sweet tea for lunch and I actually lost 2.5 lbs from all of the walking ;)
ClydeFrog

5 comments:

  1. I'm sad to have missed this year. The only year I don't go, in over 10 years, and so many awesome guests went. The pic of you and Felicia is pretty sweet. Also, did you meet Mr Shatner or Mr Nimoy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, the line was a bit long for my interest. I really wanted to meet Felicia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the YouTube videos.

    Sounds like Felicia Day will be on 3 more panels (Dollhouse, Dark Horse, and a second Guild panel). Will you be attending any of those?

    Approx how many people were at that panel?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No I was only there for Saturday. The room was packed, I would have to guess around 200-300 people were in there. I really don't know, but it was a bunch.

    ReplyDelete